Hey Everyone. Yeah it’s been since Christmas since I posted and I’m sorry for that. All, I can say is that it was quite a winter at my house. That’s why I decided a few chuckles were in order. So here’s a few funnies from our English Language. I received these from a friend’s e-mail so I have no idea who took the time to look these up, but I thank them for the laugh because really it’s no wonder foreigners trying to learn English have a difficult time of it.
Enjoy these, and please feel free to add some of your own in comments. You know me, I love my lists!
1) The bandage was *wound* around the *wound*.
2) The farm was used to *produce produce*.
3) The dump was so full that it had to *refuse* more *refuse*.
4) We must *polish* the *Polish* furniture.
5) He could *lead*if he would get the *lead* out.
6) The soldier decided to *desert* his dessert in the *desert*.
7) Since there is no time like the *present*, he thought it was time to *present* the *present*.
8) A *bass* was painted on the head of the *bass* drum.
9) When shot at, the *dove dove *into the bushes.
10) I did not *object* to the *object*.
11) The insurance was *invalid* for the *invalid*.
12) There was a *row* among the oarsmen about how to *row*.
13) They were too *close* to the door to *close* it.
14) The buck *does* funny things when the *does* are present.
15) A seamstress and a *sewer* fell down into a *sewer* line.
16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his *sow* to *sow*.
17) The *wind* was too strong to *wind* the sail.
18) Upon seeing the *tear* in the painting I shed a *tear*.
19) I had to *subject* the *subject* to a series of tests.
20) How can I *intimate* this to my most *intimate* friend?
Okay, your turn to add a few of these.